When I was a toddler I used to walk up to our TV screen and tried to grab the small people running around playing soccer. I’m not unique in anyway. This the most natural way to interact with a screen for anyone; kids, parents and grandparents.
All posts in Castle Raid
If you haven’t tried our most popular game title ‘Castle Raid’, now is a good time. It’s available for $0.99 all week!
You have met him before. He is the powerful wizard that stands in his tower and makes it rain balls of lightning on your troops when they try to invade his keep. In the upcoming release of Castle Raid, the wizard steps down from his tower to bring terror to the battlefield.
“When will we see more Castle Raid?!” We are getting tons of emails, Facebook posts and comments from you guys that are relentlessly waiting for more raid action. Who wouldn’t? As of today you guys have played a total of four million games since we released the game in September! It’s really inspiring to learn that we managed to create a game that has grown this fantastic fan base. At the same time we really understand that you want to take the next step and we are terrible sorry for the delay of our new release! (we mean it)
Since the release of Castle Raid we have gotten a lot of reviews, and this friday we got yet another happy start! Castle Raid was chosen App of the Month by the blogger, youtub-er and twitter-er iAppleiTech. To celebrate Friday-feeling and reviews we would like to summarize some of the reviews we’ve gotten this far.
And thereby start the count-down to the update, because now it’s November!
App of the Month by iAppleiTech
For those who like to watch more than read: Some gameplay and the Youtube-version of the review!
Real-time fun by 148apps
“I’m not a real-time strategy guy — not by a long shot. So the fact that I enjoy Castle Raid as much as I do is a powerful statement.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/TyreuV
A perfect mix that will keep you glued to the screen by iPadItalia
Now we’re really looking forward to hearing your feedback on the update! Stay put and have a great weekend!
Last week we invited some friends over to eat hotdogs and test a new game we’re working on. We had a blast and got some really good feedback! Of course we want you to be a part of this as well, so here comes a sneak peek of our office, friends and fun! If you look closely you might see something from the upcoming Castle Raid update…
Since the release of Castle Raid we have been getting a lot of feedback from you fans out there, thank you so much for your support!
Most of you seem to really like the game (YEY!) but think the game was a bit too short and needs more things to do. We agree! Our original intentions with Castle Raid was to develop a really fun and simple same device multiplayer game with a small single player mode to allow you to try out the game when you didn’t have anyone to play against. What we know today however is that a lot of people like to play Castle Raid as a single player game first and foremost. So with this knowledge we have started working on a BIG update that will adress many of these issues and also give us a great foundation to expand the game even further in the future.
We had a lot of discussions on what to add in this update. Should we simply add a new faction and a couple of new maps? We really wanted to give the game more depth but at the same time we didn’t want to make the game too complex. Just adding a new faction would probably not make the game last all that much longer, we really want to give the player a reason to continue playing the game and give them a sense of progression.
So with all these things in mind this is what we will release in the first update:
- Instead of a new faction we will add five more unit types! To make the game simple to play we will allow you to select up to five units to use during a battle. This makes for interesting battles where you can try different strategies by using different combinations of units. This also means you now have one extra unit on the battlefield (it’s four different units today). The same goes for multiplayer battles – will you and your friend pick units secret from one another or agree on a setup with your favorite units?
- There will no longer be a “northern alliance”, instead we will focus on and highlight the red and blue alliance fighting over the kingdom. Different units will be of different race, for example archers are Elven and barbarians are Orcs. The red and blue faction will have a units with mixed race. Even among the same race there is conflict and with this some decided to join the red alliance, others the blue.
- When winning battles you will earn gold. The harder the opponents the more you will earn. Gold is used to recruit new unit types but also to upgrade existing.
- All units can be upgraded. By upgrading a unit they will be able to withstand more damage and deal more damage. Upgrading units can really be a key to defeating the harder opponents.
- Revamped difficulty system. Instead of defeating different opponents on the same map each map will now be controlled one king or queen. This king/queen can be fought on three different difficulty levels, casual, normal and heroic. Depending on the king/queen and the difficulty selected you will earn different amount of gold for defeating them. We will also continue improving the AI.
- Five new opponents, one new world map and five new battlegrounds! The new maps will take place in a different part of the kingdom!
- All of the above is available in same device multiplayer mode! All units will probably have the same upgrade level when playing a multiplayer game to even things out (please let us know what you think of this).
- And of course we will continue improving the existing gameplay!
So these are major changes coming in this first big update. With this we hope to provide a longer and more engaging single player AND same device multiplayer game. Every battle will earn you gold that you can use to progress in the game. You will be able to do a lot of experimentation with more available units that you can mix and match. Also this gives us a great foundation to add even morethings to the game in the future. After this update it will be easier for us to add new units, maps and other cool new stuff.
It’s a big update that has required many deeper changes to how the game works. With that said we are working really fast and hard to bring you this update. We are aiming for a release in November!
Update: november didn’t happen. Here is why.
What will the new units be?
We’ve already released screenshots of two of them here on the blog. For the other three, keep following the blog and I’m sure they’ll introduce themselves soon.
Will we be able to play Castle Raid on other platforms?
Yes we hope so! We are now actively looking at releasing Castle Raid to other platforms!
So what do you guys think of these upcoming changes?! Let us know! hello at arcticmill.com